Kershaw - Black
kershaw ; all day play.
from brunch ; to boogie.
sunglasses made from recycled sunglasses.
the szade kershaw features a geometric almond shape in black
the frame ;
material ; recycled polycarbonate.
specs ; eye size 54mm. bridge width 19mm. temple length 144mm.
fit ; regular.
the lenses ;
material ; rated polycarbonate.
specs ; gradient hustler brown category 3 lens.
protection ; UV 400. UVA/UVB blocking. high reduction of sun glare.
Szade Sustainability Statement:
"our design studio and entire szade team operate within a repurposed 80-year-old chocolate factory in Melbourne, Australia.
our brand ethos and philosophy of using existing resources to innovate and create led us to this unique building which was saved from demolition as a result.
szade have been part of the cityswitch energy efficiency program in since 2017. szade has committed to this initiative and will continue to strive for better, cleaner and more sustainable sources of energy to power our business. szade takes a holistic approach to sustainability, ensuring that even the most mundane aspects of the businesses are conducted ethically for the preservation of the planet’s resources.
These include :
- minimizing paper and cardboard use via practices such as printing controls and an active policy of the total reuse of cardboard boxes in our warehouses.
- reusing materials where possible – this is very much in line with our unique recycling process and brand philosophy to minimize material consumption and waste.
- recycling 90% of waste to minimize landfill disposal – including composting organic matter for our friends in our on-site worm farm!
- continued work on increased energy efficiency including introducing various automated lighting, heating and cooling systems in our premises along with efficient light fittings.
- responsibly sourced recycled paper used in all offices.
szade is completely plastic free – you won’t find stuffing, wrapping or packaging of any kind made of single use plastics. throughout the entire szade experience and life cycle of our sunnies, we have gone to great lengths to ensure that any plastic has been replaced by paper and cardboard, all of which is 100% recycled and sustainably sourced.
we love conserving materials and re-purposing them, which is why even our retail accessories like brand blocks and nose stands are all created from up-cycled aluminum cut offs that are the odd bits and pieces which usually get thrown away… can you imagine!
Our signature szade sunglass cases are made to last. we decided quality and longevity were the most important attributes of our protective cases. they’re designed to last and be reused again and again… no matter what you decide to put in there! there is an ‘opt out option’ online to minimise material use, and we encourage you to reuse your case for your next pair of szades, and the one after that too!
While we are constantly researching and developing better ways of creating sustainable fashion, we are also striving to optimize our business for the future, and build a resilient, progressive, sustainable and ethical brand